The Education Department provides dynamic, educational experiences that teach the public about:
- George Washington's boyhood years
- Patriot Fielding Lewis and his wife Betty Washington Lewis
- The construction and restoration of Kenmore
- Plantation life in colonial Virginia
- The Civil War at Kenmore and Ferry Farm
- The natural environment
Students have the opportunity to walk in the footsteps of some of history’s most significant individuals at both Ferry Farm and Kenmore.
No Bus. No Fuss. Travel back in time with our costumed interpreters without leaving your school grounds.
Group workshops, appropriate for ages 4-5, are fun, interactive, and hands-on. Each lasts approximately 1 hour.
Group Discovery Workshops
Year–round programs for groups of all types such as scouts, home schoolers, summer campers, church groups, etc.
Children, ages 4-12 can connect with history through hands-on participation in fun and engaging activities that will help them better understand colonial lifestyles and archaeology.