The George Washington Foundation is offering an exciting range of short programs and extended day camps for children. Advance registration is required (see below).
Nore: Programs that have been redlined are full.
Ferry Farm Workshops
I Dig George - become an amateur archaeologist! In this workshop, children have an opportunity to dig, wash, and mend “artifacts” they find in educational mock digs at Ferry Farm.
- Wednesday: July 9 ~ 9:00-10:00 a.m. ~ ages 4-5 ~ $5 per child
- Thursday: July 10 ~ 9:00-11:00 a.m. ~ ages 6-8 ~ $10 per child
- Friday: July 11 ~ 9:00-11:00 a.m. ~ ages 9-11 ~ $10 per child
Historic Kenmore Workshops
Play & Work at the Plantation - children will visit Historic Kenmore for an exciting and fun morning of colonial games, activities, and crafts. They will also learn about some of the work done in the kitchen to prepare meals for the Lewis family and their guests.
- Tuesday: July 1 ~ 9:30-11:00 a.m. ~ ages 6-10 ~ $10 per child
- Wednesday: August 6 ~ 9:30-11:00 a.m. ~ ages 6-10 ~ $10 per child
Come explore history and follow in the footsteps of George Washington, his family, and his friends. Have fun with hands-on activities, projects, and games at the Rising Sun Tavern, George Washington's Boyhood Home at Ferry Farm, the Mary Washington House, Historic Kenmore, and the Hugh Mercer Apothecary. Learn about Colonial food, medicine, and daily life. Explore the places that George Washington knew well. For rising 3rd through 6th graders (ages 8-12). Sponsored by The George Washington Foundation & Washington Heritage Museums.
- June 23-27 ~ History Camp in Historic Fredericksburg ~
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Cost: $135 per child
Become an amateur archaeologist! During this camp, children have an opportunity to dig, wash, and mend “artifacts” they find in educational mock digs at Ferry Farm, visit the archaeology lab, and learn about interpretation and conservation of artifacts. There will also be activities at Kenmore. 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- July 15-18 ~ Archaeology Day Camp ~ ages 6-8 ~ 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- July 22-25 ~ Archaeology Day Camp ~ ages 9-12 ~ 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
additional details or to register for any of these programs, please call
(540) 370-0732, ext. 24 or send email to email@example.com.