Manager of Visitor Services and Interpretation
The Foundation is seeking a qualified candidate to ensure the effective and successful interpretation and operation of visitor services at Kenmore and Ferry Farm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervises volunteer and paid visitor interpreter staff.
a. Assists with the recruitment, hiring, and evaluation of interpreter staff.
b. Coaches staff to achieve optimum performance levels.
c. Oversees orientation and training of visitor interpreter staff.
d. Assists with the scheduling and coordination of training sessions and workshops for interpreter staff.
e. Monitors interpretation for accuracy and consistency.
f. Develops work schedules for visitor interpreter staff.
2. Manages daily operation of visitor programs.
a. Oversees admission policies and procedures.
3. Assists with maintaining and updating policy and procedures manual for visitor interpreter staff.
4. Assists with budget preparation.
5. Works with Curatorial, Archaeology, and other Education staff members to develop new tours and programs.
6. Works with other GWFF staff in coordinating special events.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Museum experience
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
Email resumes to Human Resources at email@example.com or Fax (540) 371-6066. EOE.
School Tour Guides
The George Washington Foundation is currently seeking part-time Guides for tours and workshops at Historic Kenmore and Ferry Farm. $7.25/hr. Colonial or civil war history, natural environment, or education background preferred. Training provided. For information call (540) 370-0732, x24. Email resumes and completed GWF employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax (540) 371-3398. EOE
We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers in all areas. Please check the volunteers page for additional information.
Copyright ©2014 - The George Washington Foundation
All Rights Reserved