The George Washington Foundation seeks an Associate Director of Development to serve as a senior member of the development team, working – collaboratively and individually – to advance relationships and secure major philanthropic funding in support of initiatives across Historic Kenmore and George Washington’s Ferry Farm.
Status: Exempt Full Time Salary
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Skills: A minimum of three years of non-profit development or similar fundraising experience, preferably in a major giving, corporate or foundation giving, and/or a campaign environment. Relevant academic or professional experience is desirable as well as exceptional verbal and written communication skills, particularly in drafting and editing development letters and proposals, and familiarity with the Raiser’s Edge database. Periodic travel, weekend hours, and public speaking are required.
- Work closely with the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Foundation leadership to cultivate and advance important relationships and secure major gifts toward fundraising priorities, including general operating support, from individual, corporate and foundation, and planned giving prospects.
- Participate in conceiving and advancing an annual plan to realize and exceed operating, capital, and campaign budget goals for fundraising support.
- Manage and staff initiatives as well as special events for volunteer leadership and/or leadership supporters, as appropriate.
- Draft finished-quality content for letters, proposals, and advancement materials in collaboration with colleagues across the Foundation.
- Assist with other duties related to development—such as the production of annual appeals, marketing, communications, and technology, as assigned.
The George Washington Foundation offers a comprehensive benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience. Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR@gwffoundation.org or mail to Human Resources Office, 1201 Washington Avenue, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 by June 27, 2016. Position will be open until filled. EOE.
The George Washington Foundation seeks a Manager of Visitor Services and Interpretation to ensure the effective and successful interpretation and operation of visitor services at Kenmore and Ferry Farm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises volunteer and paid visitor interpreter staff.
- Assists with the recruitment, hiring, and evaluation of interpreter staff
- Coaches staff to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Oversees orientation and training of visitor interpreter staff
- Assists with the scheduling and coordination of training sessions and workshops for interpreter staff.
- Monitors interpretation for accuracy and consistency.
- Develops work schedules for visitor interpreter staff.
- Manages daily operation of visitor programs.
- Oversees admission policies and procedures
- Assists with maintaining and updating policy and procedures manual for visitor interpreter staff.
- Assists with budget preparation.
- Works with Curatorial, Archaeology, and other Education staff members to develop new tours and programs.
- Works with other GWFF staff in coordinating special events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Theatrical background
- Museum experience
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
The George Washington Foundation is currently seeking part-time Guides for
school tours and workshops at Historic Kenmore and Ferry Farm. $7.25/hr. Colonial
or civil war history, natural environment, or education background preferred.
Training provided. For information call (540) 370-0732, x24. Email resumes and completed GWF employment application to email@example.com or Fax (540) 371-3398. EOE
We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers in all areas. Please check the volunteers page for additional information.
Copyright ©2015 - The George Washington Foundation
All Rights Reserved