The George Washington Foundation seeks a skilled, highly motivated individual to fill the full-time position of Manager of Marketing and Communications. Responsibilities include planning, producing, and implementing marketing, communications, and development projects to advance initiatives at Historic Kenmore and Washington’s Ferry Farm. This work includes public relations with the media and other outside sources as well as creating web and social media content.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans and implements marketing, public relations, development, and print production projects:
a. Designs, writes, edits, and produces newsletters, press releases, direct mail appeals, brochures, fliers, posters, advertisements, special event pieces, and the Foundation’s annual report.
b. Designs, writes, edits, and produces written content and graphic layouts for funding proposals and stewardship reports to individuals, corporations, and foundations.
c.Acts as a liaison between all departments to broadly promote initiatives across Historic Kenmore and Washington’s Ferry Farm.
2. Manages public relations with the media and other external sources, including coordinating with reporters and other writers, television producers, and film makers. Also produces media kits and supporting materials as needed.
3. Creates website and social media content in partnership with colleagues across the Foundation. Responds to visitor requests received via the website or social media (or directs their question to appropriate staff).
4. Coordinates a photo/video policy as part of stewarding the Foundation’s brand related to its public use. Helps manage the periodic review of key branding elements and maintain an image database (excluding collections and archaeology images).
5. Additional projects as assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-3 years professional experience in a marketing, communications, and public relations role, preferably at a museum, education, or non-profit organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, an ability to handle multiple tasks, and work as a team player.
- Graphic design skills and competency with computer software, including Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- A familiarity with best practices in development is a plus.
The Foundation offers a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com. or Fax (540) 371-6066. Position open until filled. EOE.
The Foundation is seeking a qualified candidate to ensure the effective and successful interpretation and operation of visitor services at Kenmore and Ferry Farm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervises volunteer and paid visitor interpreter staff.
a. Assists with the recruitment, hiring, and evaluation of interpreter staff.
b. Coaches staff to achieve optimum performance levels.
c. Oversees orientation and training of visitor interpreter staff.
d. Assists with the scheduling and coordination of training sessions and workshops for interpreter staff.
e. Monitors interpretation for accuracy and consistency.
f. Develops work schedules for visitor interpreter staff.
2. Manages daily operation of visitor programs.
a. Oversees admission policies and procedures.
3. Assists with maintaining and updating policy and procedures manual for visitor interpreter staff.
4. Assists with budget preparation.
5. Works with Curatorial, Archaeology, and other Education staff members to develop new tours and programs.
6. Works with other GWFF staff in coordinating special events.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Museum experience
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
The Foundation offers a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax (540) 371-6066. Position open until filled. EOE.
Reports to Director of Education. Assists with the successful implementation of education programs and visitor services
Duties and Responsibilities: (Includes, but is not limited to, as appropriate)
1. Supports visitor services at Ferry Farm.
a. Substitutes for the guide on duty to provide information
b. Operates the computerized point of sale;
c. Performs miscellaneous office duties;
d. Answers the telephone;
e. Reconciles numbers from admission and educational programs at Ferry Farm;
f. Orders office supplies;
g. Delivers mail to Kenmore;
h. Assists with special events;.
i. Performs additional responsibilities duties as requested.
2. Assists with educational programs
a. Assists with school programs, Discovery Workshops, and camps
1. Associate’s degree
2. Museum experience
3. Excellent communication skills
4. Basic computer skills
For information call (540) 370-0732 x15. Email resumes and completed GWF employment application to email@example.com or Fax (540) 371-6066. EOE
The George Washington Foundation is currently seeking part-time Tour Guides for house tours at Historic Kenmore and Ferry Farm. $7.25/hr. History or education background preferred. Training provided. For information call (540) 370-0732 x15. Email resumes and completed GWF employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax (540) 371-6066. EOE
The George Washington Foundation is currently seeking part-time Guides for school tours and workshops at Historic Kenmore and Ferry Farm. $7.25/hr. Colonial or civil war history, natural environment, or education background preferred. Training provided. For information call (540) 370-0732, x24. Email resumes and completed GWF employment application to email@example.com or Fax (540) 371-3398. EOE
We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers in all areas. Please check the volunteers page for additional information.
Copyright ©2015 - The George Washington Foundation
All Rights Reserved