View the complete list of 2013 scheduled events
Get advance notice of events in your inbox -
Subscribe to eNews!
Christmas Tours of Historic Kenmore
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (last tour at 3:15)
closed December 24 & 25
During the month of December, visit Kenmore and experience a colonial holiday—the Dining Room will be set up for a ball and dancing, the traditional punch bowl and gentlemen’s card game will be displayed in the Drawing Room, and an elaborate dessert table will be displayed in the Passage.
27th Annual Gingerbread House Contest and Exhibit
- Theme: "Moments in U.S. History"
- Entries accepted: Monday, December 2 through Saturday, December 7
- Judging at noon, Sunday, December 8
- Exhibit opens to the public at noon on Sunday, December 8
- Exhibit open daily, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed December 24 & 25)
- Admission to Ferry Farm plus exhibit:
$8 adults; $4 students; under 6 free
- Admission to exhibit only:
$4 adults; $2 students
Download the 2013 contest rules and entry form. (Adobe PDF format) or contact Vickie Hayes at (540) 370-0732 ext. 24
Gingerbread Preschool Group Workshops at Washington's Ferry Farm
Weekdays, December 9-20
This Holiday Season - A Gingerbread Preschool Workshop for Individual
Saturday, December 14, 2013 at 10 a.m.
- A wonderful holiday tradition for 4- and 5-year olds
- Listen to and act out Jan Brett’s “Gingerbread Baby” story
- Decorate a paper gingerbread house and gingerbread person cookie
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Tour the Gingerbread House Exhibit and choose a favorite
- Minimum of 10 children
- $6 per child
register for a group or individual workshop, call (540)
370-0732 ext. 24 or email
Twelfth Night at Kenmore
A Theatrical Presentation
Saturday, January 4, 2014
Performance times: 5 p.m., 5:40 p.m.,
6:20 p.m., & 7 p.m. by reservation
Actors in colonial dress will portray the Lewis family, their guests, and slaves celebrating the first holiday season in their new home.
The mansion will be decorated for the season, glowing with candlelight.
Light refreshments will be served
Cost: $10 adults, $5 students, ages 5 and under free. Please contact Vickie Hayes, (540) 370-0732 x24 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation.
Combine your tour with a special dinner at the Kenmore
Inn. Two seatings -
5 p.m. & 7 p.m. $30 per person. Please contact the Kenmore Inn at (540) 371-7622 for dinner reservations.
Family History Adventure Tours at Historic Kenmore
Date/Time: by reservation. Registration for weekdays—24 hours in advance; registration for weekends—1 week in advance.
Vickie Hayes at (540) 370-0732 ext. 24 or
Don't forget about our terrific school programs!
Available both on-site at Kenmore and Ferry Farm and in local school classrooms.
- Ferry Farm and Kenmore Programs (Grades K-5)
- In-School Programs (Grades K-5)
- Pre-school Workshops (Ages 4&5)
Birthday Parties at Ferry Farm and Kenmore!
Treat your child, age 5 to 10, and his or her friends to a birthday party at George Washington's Ferry Farm or Historic Kenmore! Learn more.
Please Note: A staff photographer is usually present at public events. Photos taken by the staff photographer at these events may be used by the Foundation for marketing and promotional purposes. Your attendance at the event implies permission for the Foundation to use these photos and the Foundation owns the copyright for all such photos.