Frequently Asked Policy Questions
Q: What is the Foundation's Photo/Video Policy?
A: There are three policies:
- for guests on tours
- for engagement, wedding, graduation photos, etc.
- for commercial photography/videography used in publications
1. At Kenmore, guests are welcome to record their visit with personal photographs and/or video on the grounds and in the kitchen dependency during our regular operating hours, however, photography/video is not allowed in the Bissell Gallery or inside the mansion.
At Ferry Farm, photographs/video may be taken anywhere on the grounds or in buildings open to visitors during our regular operating hours.
Aerial photography, and, in general, the operation of a drone, is prohibited at both Kenmore and Ferry Farm.
Photographs/video taken for personal use at either site may not be used for any commercial purpose such as (but not limited to) publication in a magazine without express written permission from The George Washington Foundation. Contact information.
2. Photography and filming for engagement and wedding photos, graduation photos, etc, requires a permit and prior approval. This policy applies even if the photos/videos will not be published or otherwise used commercially. This policy applies to both professional and non-professional photographers/videographers. Photography for weddings, graduations, etc, are restricted to the grounds only - no photographs may be made in any interior spaces. If your needs fall into this category, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please supply information about the dates/times, type of photoshoot, and number of subjects in the party.
3. Commercial photography/videography for publication requires a permit and prior approval. Photography and filming may take place in interior spaces as well as on the grounds. The photographer must be accompanied by a staff member during filming in any interior spaces. If your needs fall into this category, please email your request to email@example.com. Please supply information about the dates/times, type of photoshoot/video, and the publication or media where the photos/video will appear.
Once your project is approved, please download and complete the filming permit application (Word format) (PDF Format). The completed application may be mailed or emailed to the Foundation (addresses are on the form). If the application is mailed, please include a check for the $100, non-refundable application fee. If the form is emailed, please use our Pay Now button below to pay the $100 non-refundable application fee using PayPal.
Q: How will photographs taken by a Foundation staff photographer at an event be used?
A: A staff photographer is usually present at most events. Photos taken by the staff photographer at these events may be used by the Foundation for marketing and promotional purposes. Your attendance at the event implies permission for the Foundation to use these photos and the Foundation owns the copyright for all such photos.
Q: Can I use images from your website? Do you have higher-resolution versions?
A: The entire content of the website is copyrighted and no text or images may be used without written permission. Some website images are available in higher resolutions and other images than those seen on the website may also be available. A fee for their use and/or reproduction may apply. Please contact The George Washington Foundation by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Do you allow weddings and/or receptions at Kenmore and/or Ferry Farm?
A: No. At this time, weddings and receptions are not allowed at either site. Please also see the information above about wedding-related photography and filming.
Q: Do you allow dogs at Kenmore and/or Ferry Farm?
A: Policies vary at each site:
- At Ferry Farm: Service dogs are always allowed.
Other dogs are allowed on the grounds but must
be on a leash at all times. Dog owners are responsible for cleaning
up any dog waste. The dog owner must
pay the site admission fee before going onto the grounds (but there is
no charge for the dog). Visitors with a season pass must still check
in at the visitor center before entering the grounds. Visitors may be
on the grounds ONLY during
Ferry Farm's normal
operating hours. Only service dogs are allowed inside any buildings.
- At Kenmore: Service dogs are always allowed. Other dogs are allowed on the grounds but must be on a leash at all times. Dog owners are responsible for cleaning up any dog waste. No admission fee is required to enter the grounds. Only service dogs are allowed inside any buildings.
- Special Events: During special events at Kenmore and Ferry Farm (such as Washington's Birthday, July 4th, Memorial Day, etc) ONLY service dogs are allowed on the grounds. No other pets are permitted during special events.
Do you have a question about Kenmore or Ferry Farm that wasn't answered here? Send an email to email@example.com