John Washington and His Descendants
John Washington was born about 1631 in Purleigh, Essex, England and died in 1677 in Westmoreland Co., VA. He married Anne Pope, daughter of Nathaniel Pope , at The Cliffs, Westmoreland, Co., VA in in 1658.
- Lawrence - born 1659; died 1698
- John - born between 1660 and 1666; died 1698
- Anne - born between 1660 and 1665; died 1697
Lawrence Washington was born in 1659 at Bridges Creek in Westmoreland, Co., VA and died in 1698 at Bridges Creek in Westmoreland, Co., VA. He married Mildred Warner, daughter of Augustine Warner, about 1686, at Warner Hall, Gloucester Co., VA.
- John - born 1692; died 1746
- Augustine - born 1694; died 1743
- Mildred - born 1698; died 1747
Augustine Washington was born about 1694 at Bridges Creek in Westmoreland, Co., VA and died in 1743 Fredericksburg, VA. In 1715, he married Jane Butler, daughter of Caleb Butler of Westmoreland Co., VA. Together, they had four children. After Jane's death in 1729, Augustine married, in 1731, Mary Ball of Epping Forest, Lancaster Co., VA. Together, they had six children.
Children (by Jane):
- Butler - born 1716; died in infancy
- Lawrence - born 1718; died 1752
- Augustine, Jr. - born 1720; died 1762
- Jane - born 1722; died 1735
Children (by Mary):
- George - born 1732; died 1799
- Betty - born 1733; died 1797
- Samuel - born 1734; died 1781
- John Augustine - born 1736; died 1787
- Charles - born 1738; died 1799
- Mildred - born 1739; died 1740
George Washington was born 1732 at Pope's Creek in Westmoreland Co., VA and died 1799 at Mount Vernon. In 1759, he married Martha Dandridge Custis, widow of Daniel Parke Custis. Although Martha had two children by her marriage to Daniel Parke Custis (John, called Jacky, and Martha, called Patsy), she and George had none of their own.